Canada Live Updates
- Public Health Agency of Canada has set up a dedicated telephone information line at: 1-833-784-4397.
- Non-medical information about COVID-19 is available 7:30am-8pm, 7 days a week at 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319).
Anyone concerned that they may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of the novel coronavirus, should contact their primary care provider, local public health office, or call 8-1-1.
- Another 1541 cases were confirmed, along with 46 more deaths and 38 more recoveries. Half the cases identified have now recovered.
Cases by region:
- 487 in Fraser Health
- 130 in Interior Health
- 81 in Island Health
- 23 in Northern Health
- 615 in Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced on Tuesday that the government is working with a number of Canadian companies to manufacture ventilators amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Trudeau said 30,000 ventilators will be made in Canada.
- Canadians are far from done with dealing with COVID-19, as measures to fight the spread of the virus are expected to continue until at least July, according to a government document obtained by the National Post.
- Current GoC [Government Operations Centre] modeling suggests as a best-case scenario that current measures continue until at least July.
- Some federal organizations are preparing for the fact that Canadians will most likely be told to stay home throughout April.