Czechia Live Updates
- Updates – total confirmed cases – 3330
deaths – 32
today’s new cases – 22
today’s new deaths – 1
- The Czech Republic tightened restrictions to combat the new coronavirus outbreak, banning people from moving around except for work, shopping, and some other limited activities.
- The government has been criticized by doctors and hospitals who have reported shortages of protective masks and respirators.
- No entry to risk areas: the government simultaneously banned Czech citizens and foreigners with temporary or permanent residence in the Czech Republic to travel to risk areas, specifically Germany and Austria. The only exception are people who commute to work across the borders.
- In addition, the Czech police are now being deployed to check whether people who have been ordered into quarantine are staying indoors.