Finland Live Updates
- Updates – total confirmed cases – 1518
deaths – 19
today’s new cases – 97
today’s new deaths –
- Finland had more than 1,500 lab-confirmed novel coronavirus infections. However, the actual number of infections is estimated to be ten times that number, given that a majority of people who contract the virus will either have light symptoms or none at all.
- Prime Minister Sanna Marin admitted things had not gone perfectly at Helsinki Airport, where thousands of travellers have arrived without clear instructions on how and whether or not they should self-isolate.
- Health Minister Aino-Kaisa Pekonen said that Finland had already spent hundreds of millions of euros on acquiring protective equipment for healthcare workers, and the first consignments would arrive this week.
- Healthcare resources in Finland are currently focusing on preventing the spread of the virus and caring for patients. According to Anttila, this means tracking recovered patients is not a top priority.