India Live Updates
- Prime Minister Mr. Modi on 14th April extended nationwide lockdown by 18 days until 3rd May to encounter coronavirus spread.
- On Day 2 of Lockdown 2.0, the total number of coronavrius cases in India gone up to 12380 as 941 fresh COVID-19 infections were reported in the past 24 hours.
- Data from the Health Ministry also showed 37 deaths reported in the past 24 hours, taking the overall toll in India to 414. Meanwhile, 1488 patients have been cured of the virus or discharged. With 2916 COVID-19 cases, Maharashtra is the worst affected state, followed by Delhi (1578), Tamil Nadu (1242), Rajasthan (1023), Madhya Pradesh (987), Gujarat (766), Uttar Pradesh (735) and Telangana (647).
- The Indian Council of Medical Research on Wednesday said that a total of 2,74,599 samples were tested for coronavirus detection. Those samples were taken from 2,58,730 individuals.ICMR has issued a list of 176 government laboratories and 78 private laboratories for COVID-19 testing.
- India and Pakistan are planning to partially open up some parts of the economy, officials in the two countries said on Monday, as the costs of harsh lockdowns to limit the outbreak of the coronavirus mount across the region.
- Indian officials said the number of coronavirus cases in the country increased to 9,152 on Monday, including 308 deaths, a swift rise from fewer than 1,000 two weeks ago, even though the country of 1.3 billion people is under a sweeping 21-day lockdown. But the shutdown has left millions of people without work and the World Bank forecast India’s economic growth could drop to 1.5% to 2.8% in the fiscal year that started on April 1, the weakest pace in three decades.
- India’s share in world market cap below the historic average. Currently, it is at 2.2% below its historic average of 2.5%, a report by Motilal Oswal has shown.
- Northern Railway and North Central Railway are working on a war footing to prepare 680 isolation coaches to accommodate nearly 11,000 people in case there is a sudden spurt in coronavirus positive cases, a senior official said on Friday.
- India’s giant IT services companies will see a significant slowdown in growth during this financial year as they grapple with the upheaval wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic, according to analysts.
- PM Modi appeals generously to donate to “Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situation (PM CARES Fund).
- The RBI puts on hold EMI payments on all terms loans for three months. RBI announced that its Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) is monitoring closely, both from business and social perspective.
- Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) voted for the massive reduction in repo rate to reduce the economic risk to 4.4%, the lowest in 15 years. CRR for all banks was cut by 100 basis points to release Rs 1.37 lakh crore across the banking system.