Israel Live Updates
- JERUSALEM — The Easter dawn climbed the ancient stone walls of the Old City on Sunday as it has for two millennia; it was greeted with the iron peal of church bells as it has been for hundreds of years. But in a city that revers unchanging ritual, almost nothing else was normal on this holiest of Christian holidays.
- Israel’s government intensified restrictions on movement, banning public gatherings, including for prayer, and limiting outings to two people from the same household.
- Health Minister recommended imposing a closure on the largely ultra-Orthodox city of Bnei Brak, which has become a hotspot for the spread of the virus. Director-General says ‘still no trend reversal’ in coronavirus spread in Israel.
- The total number of active job seekers in Israel passed the million mark just before midnight yesterday, and stands at 1,004,316 this morning, official figures show.
- Over a Million Israelis Unemployed.