Luxembourg Live Updates
- Updates – total confirmed cases – 2487
deaths – 30
today’s new cases – 168
today’s new deaths –
- The corona pandemic showed no letup on Friday as Luxembourg headed into its third weekend under lockdown, with parents warned they might have to school their children at home for a protracted period of time to avoid the deadly virus from spreading further.
- The country reported another 168 new infections with the virus, which is sparking worldwide fears hospitals will not be able to cope with the influx of patients affected by the respiratory infection it causes, and which has brought public life to a halt throughout Europe and the US.
- Schools will remain closed until May 4, the government has said this week, aggravating life for teleworking parents, who need to comply not only with the demands of their bosses but also keep their children entertained. And not even the May 4 reopening is a certainty.
- Luxembourg now counts 2,487 people infected with the virus, the latest figures show. Thursday’s increase means the average daily increase in cases was 6.3% over the past five days, compared to an average daily growth rate of 16.1% in the previous five-day period.