Netherlands Live Updates
- Latest Update – Total number of confirmed cases: 12,595 (+845)
Total number of confirmed cases who are or were admitted to hospital: 4.712(+722)
Total number of reported deaths: 1.039 (+175)
- The province of Noord-Brabant seems to have moved past the peak of new hospital admissions. Hospital admissions are still increasing in Zuid-Holland, Noord-Holland, Gelderland, and Limburg. The number of hospital admissions remains stable and low in the provinces of Friesland, Groningen, Drenthe, Flevoland, and Zeeland.
- The Netherlands is the latest country to reject China-made coronavirus testing kits and other protective gear, calling the items substandard and raising serious questions about the quality of the supplies Beijing is selling to the world.
- Special measures to stop the spread of coronavirus in the Netherlands are to be extended until April 28 at least, prime minister Mark Rutte told a press conference.
- Thieves took advantage of the lockdown to steal a Van Gogh painting from a gallery in the town of Laren. The painting, Spring Garden, is reckoned to be worth as much as 6m euros (£5.3m)