Peru Live Updates
- Updates – total confirmed cases – 1595
deaths – 61
today’s new cases –
today’s new deaths –
- Certain civil liberties and rights are suspended. And the police and military have the power to enforce it.
1. Everyone must stay at home from midnight tonight (bar some exceptions)
2. All international borders closed from 23.59 Monday 16th for 15 days.
Except for the import and export of goods and merchandise
3. Bars, restaurants, parks, and most public spaces are all closed.
- On 26 March, Domestic isolation to be extended in Peru until April 12th. The president said the decision to extend by 13 days, is based on the reports from health officials.
- Two buildings, built for the Pan-American games in 2019 have been transformed into hospitals to house patients suffering from coronavirus.
- On 30 March, The curfew will be extended. Originally in effect between 8 pm and 5 am, there have been 36,000 people detained for failing to comply. The curfew is now going to start at 6 pm in all of Peru- except for four regions where it will start at 4 pm- because they were the regions least complying: Tumbes, Piura, Loreto and La Libertad. Anyone caught not complying could face charges.
- The government will pay 35% of the wages of any employee earning less than 1500 soles per month.
- During the period of quarantine, the special Number set up to report domestic violence has received 5418 calls about domestic violence. Special teams have been sent out to 538 cases, resulting in that 25 women and their children were taken to safe houses. The Minister of Women, also reported that saldo there had been 43 rapes reported, including some to children in their own homes.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday – only men will be allowed out. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday – only women will be allowed out. The President explained by dividing the population in Half, it would be easier to control. No-one can go out on Sundays. This starts tomorrow, the 3rd of April.
- Peru will produce masks which will be distributed by the Ministry of Health and anyone going out has to wear one.