Philippines Live Updates
- The Philippines health ministry has reported 19 new coronavirus deaths and 200 additional infections.
- In a bulletin, the health ministry said total infections have risen to 6,459 while deaths have increased to 428. But 41 more patients recovered, bringing total recoveries to 613
- The government on Friday rolled out a virtual identification system aimed at ensuring easier passage through checkpoints for front liners and other exempted individuals from the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- THE Bureau of Immigration (BI) has further eased its rules by allowing the departure of foreigners with approved but unimplemented visas.
- Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said that he has approved the easing of the visa rules to enable aliens whose applications for various types of visa were already approved by the bureau to leave during the period of the enhanced community quarantine against the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
- THE Taguig government started distributing P4,000 worth of financial assistance to drivers displaced by the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.