Romania Live Updates
- For safety reasons, more than 114 thousand people were still kept in the domestic quarantine.
- The new management of Suceava County Hospital resigns as 200 doctors and nurses infected.
- Companies in Romania have already donated over EUR 7 million in cash to local hospitals and NGOs that support local hospitals in the last two weeks since the state of emergency was declared in the country.
- State-owned electricity producer Hidroelectrica has announced the biggest donation so far, over EUR 2 million for seven hospitals in Romania. Oil group OMV Petrom has also donated EUR 1 million to the Romanian Red Cross for the purchase of rapid testing equipment for local hospitals. Tobacco producer Philip Morris has donated EUR 900,000 for testing equipment, mechanical ventilators and protection equipment, also through the Red Cross.
- Gas producer Romgaz has given EUR 824,000 to the Sibiu County Hospital. Banca Transilvania, BCR and BRD-Groupe Societe Generale, the top three lenders in Romania, are also among the top donors, followed by electricity distributors Electrica and Enel Romania, and retailers Profi and Mega Image. Globalworth, the biggest office owner in Romania, has also donated EUR 200,000 through its foundation.