Saudi Arabia Live Updates
- Marriages and divorces in Dubai have been suspended “until further notice” as a result of the coronavirus.
- The move, announced by the justice department on Wednesday, is among “measures to prevent the spread of the pandemic” rolled out in the Gulf emirate, which has reported 2,659 infections and 12 deaths
- Saudi Arabia has asked Muslims planning to take part in the Hajj pilgrimage to delay booking amid uncertainty over the coronavirus pandemic. Hajj Minister Mohammed Banten said the kingdom was concerned about the safety of pilgrims and urged people to “wait before concluding contracts”.
- Of the new cases, 48 were detected in Makkah and 46 in Madinah.
- Saudi Arabia has imposed a 24-hour curfew in Mecca and Medina due to the Corona epidemic. This step has been taken as a precaution to prevent fatal coronavirus infection. News agency Xinhua on Thursday quoted an interior ministry official as saying, “The curfew will apply in all parts of the two cities, with the ban on entry and exit continuing.”
- Entry and exit bans do not include government and private sector employees, whose tasks require continuous performance during the ban period. Residents of both cities have been allowed to move out of their homes to meet only the essential needs such as drug-related and food-related materials, the time period of which is from 6 am to 3 pm every day